WE NEED YOUR HELP
SAVE MERCERDALE PARK
WHEN: TUESDAY FEBRUARY 6th at 6 PM at Council Chambers, Mercer Island City Hall.
WHY: City Manager Julie Underwood has invited MICA representatives to present a "Study Session" to our City Council to "discuss what they are planning to do." This Study Session will officially end the 3 month "MICA pause." (CCMIP representatives, working to Save Mercerdale Park from private development, were not invited to participate in the study session.)
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- COME TO THE MICA STUDY SESSION--and BRING A FRIEND! (arrive early to get a seat)
- WEAR RED to show your support for Mercerdale Park
- SPEAK to the City Council at their regular meeting, which starts at 7 PM with time for public comments
- If you can't come, EMAIL YOUR COMMENTS to the City Councilmembers at firstname.lastname@example.org
- LET US KNOW if you can come, or if you have questions, at protectMIparks@gmail.com
- VISIT OUR WEBSITE for more information www.protectMIparks.org
Over a hundred citizens came out to "The Red Zone" at Mercerdale Park on September 9, 2017 to Save Mercerdale Park. On February 6, we have the opportunity, once again, to "Wear Red" and show the decision makers, our elected City Council, that we expect them to protect our parkland from development.
We hope to see you Tuesday February 6th!
Meg Lippert and Peter Struck, CCMIP Co-chairs